• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

How can i setup exchange so i can send and received emails.

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> How can i setup exchange so i can send and received emails. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How can i setup exchange so i can send and received em... - 26.Nov.2008 8:38:47 PM   
nalin

Hi i would like some guidance on Exchange Setup Pelase.

I am trying to install exchange server at my home.

now i have dynamic IP address at home coz i have broadband connection.

i have installed Exchanger server 2003 on windows 2003 server. i can send and receive emails in internal but when i send email to external domain its not going.

and if anyone from external send emails to me its not coming ether.

now i have fould little more information about exchange.

i have registerd domain name: globtel.com.au

now what i have to do to setup something so that emails sent to this domian can come through to my exchange server mail box..

i think i need to setup some record on domain hosting company..!!!!!

Please guide me how i can make it working in my home network.

Guidance would be much appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.
Post #: 1
RE: How can i setup exchange so i can send and received... - 27.Nov.2008 8:42:15 AM   
ismail.mohammed

hi mate,

For sending email you need to external DNS server- i believe it should work by defualt - check the message tracking or if you are receiving any non-delivery report post that one.

For incoming mail :
Contact your local ISP example like godaddy.com
Create a MX record for your domain with the ip address, that ip address is given by ISP and that should your send server (Send server - can be your smtp server, or any exchange server ip address)

(in reply to nalin)
Post #: 2
RE: How can i setup exchange so i can send and received... - 6.Jan.2009 4:21:09 AM   
lukebrynycz

If you have access to your domains dns records via a webconsole, you need to add an mx record that points at your external facing IP address (this can be found from whatismyip.com) If you are trying this on a dynamic IP address in a test environment then fine, but if it's for business purposes ensure you have a static IP as most places simply wont accept mail from dynamic IP addresses even if you are using a dyndns hostname for security/spam reasons (as I found out the hard way when setting up my home Exchange Server)

You then need an A record on your domain control panel that points at your external IP too I believe.  As the guy said above, mail should work fine FROM your domain providing you are using a valid SMTP.  Again, your ISP may provide SMTP auth, but providers such as Sky don't anymore.

(in reply to ismail.mohammed)
Post #: 3
RE: How can i setup exchange so i can send and received... - 1.Jul.2010 8:52:53 PM   
OneLittleBoy

my exchange was previously working with ATT Internet and when we moved and switched internet provider to comcast, it doesn't work. how do i configure it to work with comcast?

(in reply to nalin)
Post #: 4
RE: How can i setup exchange so i can send and received... - 2.Jul.2010 5:55:23 AM   
Exchange_Geek

1) Ask ComCast to set up your MX, PTR, A records on their records to point to your Exchange Server OR which ever other server that would be responsible to receive emails from internet (Could be your anti-spam / EDGE / ISA etc) - the ip address of this box needs to be given to your ISP. Ideally, a 48-72 hrs delay would be seen for updation of DNS across the globe.

2) Ask ComCast for their ip address to be set on your SMTP Connector for outgoing emails, so you need to create a SMTP Connector on your Exchange Server and place the smart host entry ip address set (to the ip provided by ComCast for outgoing emails)

Regards,
Exchange_Geek

(in reply to OneLittleBoy)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> How can i setup exchange so i can send and received emails. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter