• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Exchange on ESX

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Exchange on ESX Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exchange on ESX - 10.Dec.2008 10:49:43 AM   
megs

I've been considering moving Exchange to a virtualized environment running ESX under VI3, and shared storage.  Looks like there are plenty of people doing it, even though it's not fully supported.  I'd like to remove the hardware dependency, as I find rebuilding with the DR switch and restoring everything to be time consuming and messy.  I had considered going with clustered active/passive backend, but think putting it on a single VM using vmotion and HA from esx would make life easier.  Either way I do it, I'd need shared storage.

Anyone doing this?  If so, what is your configuration?  Are you hosting just front end servers in the VM, or the backend mailbox stores as well?  Please provide details on your backend storage hardware, protocols used, hardware for esx servers, how do you backup, how many mailboxes, what is your performance like, etc.  Just looking for people who have deployed this type of environment and can provide some unbiased feedback.  I'm sick and tired of dealing with vendors who talk and talk and will shove white papers in my face, but never want to proove that it works as well as they claim.  In my opinion performance and reliability is a bigger issue than if it takes 10 clicks and 5 minutes to restore instead of 2 clicks and 3 minutes, or how pretty the web interface is.
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Exchange on ESX Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter