• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Public folder has exceeded one or more size limits, but limits hasn't been set

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Information Stores >> Public folder has exceeded one or more size limits, but limits hasn't been set Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Public folder has exceeded one or more size limits, but... - 11.Dec.2008 10:21:37 AM   
bentrovati

There is one user mailbox that receives a message that the public folder has exceeded one or more size limits.

I use PFAdmin  to find the limitation settings or the user name on any of the public folders, but I can't find anything wrong.
(FYI we are running Exchange 2003)

Can anyone tell me how I can solve this problem?
Post #: 1
RE: Public folder has exceeded one or more size limits,... - 11.Dec.2008 1:06:18 PM   
bentrovati

There are no limits set on the Public Store and no limits set on the folder itself.
Still only that particular user keeps getting those messages.

< Message edited by bentrovati -- 11.Dec.2008 1:08:56 PM >
Post #: 2
RE: Public folder has exceeded one or more size limits,... - 11.Dec.2008 5:49:48 PM   
Nazim

What does the header say ? Does the message tell which PF Name ?

(in reply to bentrovati)
Post #: 3
RE: Public folder has exceeded one or more size limits,... - 12.Dec.2008 5:59:54 AM   
bentrovati

No it doesn't which folder is over its limit. The user receives messages like the one below.
In the message you see a size of 152799 KB, the day before it was 152795 KB and before that it was 152789 KB. Simple conclusion in this case is that the size of the Public Folder is increasing every day.

I checked the size of all the folders and found one folder that has almost the same size. I checked the settings on that folder but I can't find anything that would cause this problem.

The server that sent the message was the same server where the mailbox of the user was located. I moved the user mailbox to another Exchange 2003 server to check if the messages are sent by the server one which the user mailbox is located or that it is just one particular server that is sending these messages. In this case is is just one particular server that is sending these messages.

------------------------------------------
This public folder has exceeded one or more size limits set by your administrator.
The public folder size is 152799 KB.
Public Folder size limits:
   You will receive a warning when this public folder reaches 50000 KB.You may not be able to send or receive new mail until you reduce the size of the public folder. To make more space available, delete any items that you are no longer using.
See client Help for more information.

---------------------------------------------

(in reply to Nazim)
Post #: 4
RE: Public folder has exceeded one or more size limits,... - 12.Dec.2008 6:06:46 PM   
Nazim

On the folder that has almost the same size check the properties > permissions > client permissions and check if this  user has owner
permission.
Also check which PF this user is an owner of and try and check these folders. you can use Pfdavadmin to export the owners
owners attribute.
what is the  public folder limits configured on the public folder store.?
What the frequency of this message?

(in reply to bentrovati)
Post #: 5
RE: Public folder has exceeded one or more size limits,... - 18.Dec.2008 3:33:41 AM   
bentrovati

I'm sorry for the late responds. I've a few days of and will be back at the office on Monday.
I don't now the default store limits, but I will check it on Monday.
I know that the frequency of the message is twice a day.

How can I make an export of  all the folders to see who is the owner in PFAdmin?

Thanks

Bentrovati

(in reply to bentrovati)
Post #: 6
RE: Public folder has exceeded one or more size limits,... - 21.Dec.2008 1:41:02 AM   
Nazim

The below article by Neil will guide you how to export public folder permissions.  

http://www.msexchange.org/articles/PFDavAdmin-tool-Part1.html 

Let me know if this helps you ?

(in reply to bentrovati)
Post #: 7
RE: Public folder has exceeded one or more size limits,... - 23.Dec.2008 8:47:44 AM   
bentrovati

Thanks for the link. I'm going to check it out and let you know if I find anything.

The answer on your question "what is the  public folder limits configured on the public folder store.? " is that there are no PF Store Limits set.

(in reply to Nazim)
Post #: 8
RE: Public folder has exceeded one or more size limits,... - 2.Jan.2009 9:25:00 AM   
bentrovati

Hi,

I exported all the permissions of the complete PF with PFadmin but I can not find the user in it.
Last Wednesday another reported that he also got the message from the same server. It looks like the problem is larger than we thought.

What is the best next step to solve this issue?

(in reply to bentrovati)
Post #: 9
RE: Public folder has exceeded one or more size limits,... - 12.Jan.2009 8:04:43 PM   
ratishnair

Event id + The exact error message please....

Ratish

(in reply to bentrovati)
Post #: 10
RE: Public folder has exceeded one or more size limits,... - 13.Jan.2009 7:04:20 AM   
bentrovati

There is no Event ID. Just the message as described above.

(in reply to ratishnair)
Post #: 11
RE: Public folder has exceeded one or more size limits,... - 13.Jan.2009 10:26:05 AM   
uemurad

What objects have Owner permissions?  Are any of them Groups?  If so, every member of that group will receive the messages.

Regards,

Dean T. Uemura
Microsoft MVP - Exchange (2007-2011)
exchangeguy.blogspot.com
uemurad@yahoo.com

(in reply to bentrovati)
Post #: 12
RE: Public folder has exceeded one or more size limits,... - 13.Jan.2009 1:35:11 PM   
bentrovati

There are no  permissions, Limits or owners set on any PF-folder. The user just receives those messages. Few days ago another user complains about the same messages from the same server....strange isn't it.

(in reply to uemurad)
Post #: 13

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Information Stores >> Public folder has exceeded one or more size limits, but limits hasn't been set Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter