• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

OWA Not loading...Javascript Error

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Outlook Web Access >> OWA Not loading...Javascript Error Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
OWA Not loading...Javascript Error - 11.Dec.2008 3:35:23 PM   
yzfr1grl

Here's the scenario.

Running Front-End / Back-End Topology. We have 4 owa boxes running currently which are to be replaced with two new owa boxes using SSL and FBA. The person that setup the new OWA boxes before my arrival put Windows Server SP2 on them, when all of the back-end servers and current owa servers are all only running SP1. All servers have Exchange SP2 and all current Exchange hotfixes and patches installed.

The OS SP is the only difference between the new owa servers and the old, & BE servers. The exchange virtual directories in IIS have been rebuilt using methods found on this site.

Here's the problem: I log into owa on either of the new servers using SSL and am able to authenticate without an issue, I am able to see my mail. However, none of the buttons in the navbar work, neither does the logout. I can reply to mail by right clicking on the message and choosing reply and I can open messages in my inbox.

The reading pane displays 'No items are currently selected' and clicking on any button in the navbar or log off gives the following javascript error

Line: 186
Char: 1
Error: Object expected
Code: 0
URL: https://server/exchange/me/Inbox/?Cmd=contents

I have copied the version folders from the back end servers to the front-ends and the issue persists. This is happening with all users who test this and the issue is consistent with both of the new OWA servers.

My suspicion is that the Windows service pack may be the issue, but I hope that someone here more knowledgeable than myself can confirm my suspicions are true before I go through the motions of scheduling down time to update my backend servers to Windows SP 2 or to rebuild these owa boxes with Windows SP1
Post #: 1
RE: OWA Not loading...Javascript Error - 11.Dec.2008 5:41:36 PM   
Nazim

This  type of issues in Front-End / Back-End Topology are most likely caused when there is a difference in patches between FE and BE. It always better to patch both FE and BE servers with same patches.
So patching the BE servers with Windows SP 2 might resolve this issue.

(in reply to yzfr1grl)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Outlook Web Access >> OWA Not loading...Javascript Error Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter