ActiveSync with selfsigned certificate? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Mobility

Ase -> ActiveSync with selfsigned certificate? (6.Jan.2009 3:46:42 PM)

Hi,

Is it possible to get ActiveSync against WindowsMobile 6.1  to work with a self signed SSL certificate, and if so how?

//Ase

John Weber -> RE: ActiveSync with selfsigned certificate? (6.Jan.2009 4:57:03 PM)

No, not really.

You can use an internal CA, but you will need to get the trusted root cert chain onto the mobile device.

Spend the 90 USD and put a public cert on the CAS.

Ase -> RE: ActiveSync with selfsigned certificate? (7.Jan.2009 1:12:11 PM)

Hi John,

Thanks for your fast reply. This is still a test environment so a public cert is not the way to go.

Can you give me some guidelines on how to get the trusted root cert chain onto the mobile device (Windows 2008 + Exchange 2007 + WM6.1)?

I also test OWA but no matter how I try to install the certs onto a client-PC I always get a notification that the cert is not OK, but I can click continue and it works OK, have I missed something there aswell?

Regards,
Ase

remjak -> RE: ActiveSync with selfsigned certificate? (14.Jan.2009 7:38:19 AM)

Halloen,

You will get certificate error if the certificate is NOT from a trusted authority or maybe the wrong name in the certificate.

if you have a internal CA you can request a SAN/UC certificate from the Exchange 2007 with all the names needed. f.eks:

mail.yourdomain.com
EXCHNETBIOSNAME
EXCHFQDN
autodiscover.yourdomain.com

also..if this is a test enviroment..i think that Digicert or Thawte can give a certificate for testing

Remi

Ase -> RE: ActiveSync with selfsigned certificate? (14.Jan.2009 3:16:55 PM)

Hi Remi,

Thanks for your reply.
How do I add more SAN names to my Exchange certificate?
Please be very simple with specific instructions, I am not an expert.

//Ase

Page: [1]