• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

The connection was dropped due to an SMTP protocol event sink

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Message Routing >> The connection was dropped due to an SMTP protocol event sink Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The connection was dropped due to an SMTP protocol even... - 16.Jan.2009 11:10:31 AM   
nhgeorge1

We received reports from some of our employees during the last week of December 2008 that their emails being sent to AOL were not being received by the recipients. We checked the Queues on the 2003 Exchange Server and found a backlog of messages to AOL email recipients. The issue has now spread to Juno.com, Netzero.com and a few others. The messages are timing out in the queue and we are unable to determine why this is happening. DNS seems to be good, but we have added an 'SPF1' record.

I can telnet to AOL from our Exchange server. The other queues mentioned above all give the same comment: "The connection was dropped due to an SMTP protocol event sink."

Any feedback would be gratefully appreciated!  Thanks George H (nhgeorge1).

George W. Harrington
Post #: 1
RE: The connection was dropped due to an SMTP protocol ... - 16.Jan.2009 11:31:24 PM   
ashishjoshi1

The connection was dropped due to an SMTP protocol event sink

(in reply to nhgeorge1)
Post #: 2
RE: The connection was dropped due to an SMTP protocol ... - 16.Jan.2009 11:34:53 PM   
ashishjoshi1

"The connection was dropped due to an SMTP protocol event sink" seems to be an issue with SMTP Event sinks.

Do you see any events in app logs.

Have you tried resetting IIS. Have you seen something like this that after resetting IIS emails works fine for few minutes and again the issue reoccurs.

What Antispam software you are using on Exchange Box, make sure that it updated with the latest version, for troubleshooting purpose try to unbind the sinks of the antispam and check, if could not unbind the sinks stop the services of Antispam and reboot the box and check if mailflow starts fine.

Regards,
Ashish Joshi

(in reply to nhgeorge1)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Message Routing >> The connection was dropped due to an SMTP protocol event sink Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter