• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Spam on (only) mobile phone???? How to fix?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Mobility >> Spam on (only) mobile phone???? How to fix? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Spam on (only) mobile phone???? How to fix? - 22.Jan.2009 8:38:26 AM   
THONA

Hello,

I run an exchange 2007 and have a Sony XPeria x1 - very nice phone. I realize one issue I have with message push, that is that I get spam on my mobile phone that I do not get on outlook.

Basically, emails get sent to me, and end up in my spam folder in Outlook, but on my mobile phone they get pushed down as "relevant mails" - which means I get disturbed by them ;)

Is that a known limitation? Is there a way to fix that? I really like the exchange 2007 anti spam features - the amount og spam I get on outlook is down to nearly zero. But on my mobile phone - quite some still get through.
Post #: 1
RE: Spam on (only) mobile phone???? How to fix? - 22.Jan.2009 8:58:12 AM   
mark@mvps.org

It's the Outlook client that gets the regular updates to direct messages to the junk folder. Well, actually it's an interaction between Exchange and Outlook. If Exchange doesn't think it's spam it will be delivered to the mailbox (inbox). If Outlook is running you will either see the message delivered to the inbox or to junk, depending on what Outlook wants to do with it.
If you are getting too many into your inbox you need to get a better filter on your Exchange.

Mark Arnold (Exchange MVP)
List Moderator

(in reply to THONA)
Post #: 2
RE: Spam on (only) mobile phone???? How to fix? - 22.Jan.2009 10:38:04 AM   
THONA

Thanks. I already thought of something like that.

I run an edge server with default config as anti spam - is there any post here somewhere about a better than standard configuration? ;)

Looks like MS needs to still do some work on the mobile side. The combined exchange/outlook combo is REALLY good - sadly the exchange only side seems to be off more ;(

(in reply to mark@mvps.org)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Mobility >> Spam on (only) mobile phone???? How to fix? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter