• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Allowing a group to only accept mail from 1 external domain.

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Message Routing >> Allowing a group to only accept mail from 1 external domain. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Allowing a group to only accept mail from 1 external do... - 27.Jan.2009 2:16:38 PM   
mbracchi

Hello Everyone,

I have a request to create a new group within our organization that includes all users.  The trick is that this group should only accept messages from 1 single external domain.  The address of that domain will chance constantly, but they want all other domains, internal and external, to not be allowed to send to it. 

I have tried adding a contact in the hopes that the wildcard "*" would work and adding it to the Message Delivery Restrictions settings for the group itself, but it did not work.  So esentially I created a contact called *@xxx.com and then told the group to only accept messages from that contact. 

Is there a way to do this in exchange for only one individual group?

Let me know.

Thanks,

Mike
Post #: 1
RE: Allowing a group to only accept mail from 1 externa... - 11.Feb.2009 10:36:36 AM   
spatel5

Would implementing a Transport rule work?

Maybe you could try one where the condition is that it is sent to group@domain.com. Action to take is to silently drop the message, but then add an Exception so that only that one domain is allowed through.

(in reply to mbracchi)
Post #: 2
RE: Allowing a group to only accept mail from 1 externa... - 11.Feb.2009 3:38:45 PM   
mbracchi

Thanks Spatel5!  I will give it a shot.  I was alos able to figure it out using out Mail Firewall, but it is not what I wanted.

Thanks Again.

(in reply to spatel5)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Message Routing >> Allowing a group to only accept mail from 1 external domain. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter