• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

#5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 ... Command rejected>

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Message Routing >> #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 ... Command rejected> Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
#5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 ... Command rejected> - 3.Feb.2009 2:08:01 PM   
jahyde

Running SBS 2003 with all the latest pacthes.
My users periodically get bounced back emails that are from the local server with this message:

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Parents Meeting at Noah Homes Sent: 2/3/2009 9:32 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

recipient@someotherdomain.com on 2/3/2009 9:32 AM
You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator.
<noahhomes.org #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 <recipient@someotherdomain.com>... Command rejected>

This randomly happens about every day or 2, and usually there is no way to send to this person, except if I try it using OWA, but sometimes that even bounces back. These users all use Outlook, and they dont like OWA, so this is a problem. There is no filtering on Exchange.

On another issue, I am not sure if this is related, but - if I try to change a users email alias, for instance: j.doe@mydomain.com to johndoe@mydomain.com, I click ok, it saves it, I can immediately go back in and see the changed email address I entered, but if I wait a minute, it reverts back to the original address (obviously the recipient update service has changed it back).

< Message edited by jahyde -- 3.Feb.2009 3:03:13 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 ... Command rejected> - 4.Feb.2009 9:59:59 AM   
uemurad

quote:

You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator.
Permission denial issues typically include attempting to "send as", attempting to send to a restricted distribution list, attempting to relay.
quote:

if I try to change a users email alias....., it reverts back to the original address....
This isn't related.  What happens if you add an alias instead of attempting to edit the existing SMTP address?

Regards,

Dean T. Uemura
Microsoft MVP - Exchange (2007-2011)
exchangeguy.blogspot.com
uemurad@yahoo.com

(in reply to jahyde)
Post #: 2
RE: #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 ... Command rejected> - 4.Feb.2009 3:59:13 PM   
jahyde

I understand, but this happens very randomly, sometimes it may be a list which that sender has created in their outlook (so they own it), and a single recipient from that list will bounce back. Other times it may just be an email to a single recipient.

90% of the time sending in OWA lets it through, other times there is no way on earth to get it to send. If i send using gmail it goes out just fine.

Besides that, all users are using Outlook in Exchange mode on the local LAN. I have allowed relay rights to my LAN subnet without authentication. All users are sending as themselves, nobody is setup to send as someone else.

Where would I check to even find if there is a send restriction?

On the 2nd issue - I can add a new alias, but there is no way I can make this new alias be the primary address. If I set it as primary it saves, I can immediately go back and verify it, but after a minute it reverts to the old address as primary.

(in reply to uemurad)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Message Routing >> #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 ... Command rejected> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter