Public folders effectively doubling in size (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Information Stores

yeoo_andy_ni -> Public folders effectively doubling in size (4.Feb.2009 4:10:23 AM)

Hi,

I have an issue with a restore of Public Folders where the restore will effectively double the size of the .edb file.  I was just wondering has anyone seen this behaviour before?

I have to consult a few of my work colleagues with regards to this issue, but I am at a loss as to why this would be happening.

Once I find out anymore I will post it, as I know this is not a lot to go on.

Cheers!

ashishjoshi1 -> RE: Public folders effectively doubling in size (4.Feb.2009 12:55:41 PM)

What software are you using to backup/restore.

Have you tried using NTBACKUP to take the backup and then restore to see if there is same behaviour as well for testing purpose.

Regards,
Ashish Joshi

Nazim -> RE: Public folders effectively doubling in size (4.Feb.2009 12:57:44 PM)

How are you restoring the Public folders?

yeoo_andy_ni -> RE: Public folders effectively doubling in size (5.Feb.2009 6:55:08 AM)

We are using NTBackup to backup and restore the Exchange server.  Just to point out, this Exchange solution is 2 exchange servers clustered, with one virtual server sitting ontop performing all the routing.  I know this is trivial, but just wanted to give a little bit more background.

Page: [1]