• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Several resource calendar issues

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> General >> Several resource calendar issues Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Several resource calendar issues - 9.Feb.2009 4:13:11 PM   
Cheri Loehr

I have several resource calendar issues that I am frustrated with trying to find resolution for.  I am running Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 Server with clients using Outlook 2003.

1.  Randomly I will get end users calling stating they cannot book a resource because they receive a message stating they don't have permissions.  However they were able to before.  I generally have to go into the Outlook profile of the resource and grant end user permission (Author).  I have many end users who have not been required to be added and can reserve the same resource without problems.  Why the difference..how to resolve this?
2.  Randomly end users will call and state they cannot view a resources calendar because it shows no information available.  However, when I attempt to check resource availability I have not problems seeing resources free/busy.  Most but not all of the time having the end user download address book resolves this.  Is there a more automated way to do this?
3.  Biggest frustration of all:  I have deleted reoccurring meetings (employee left company, didn't cancel mtg) or cancelled meetings from a resource calendar using an account that has full rights to the mailbox.  However after an undetermined amount of time - the meetings will be back.  Why is this happening....am I missing the proper step to removing from calendar?
4.  Ah..one more - Randomly end users are not able to reserve a resource room because of a "cancelled" meeting request is still visible in the resource calendar.  Why can't we reserve resource is meeting has been correctly cancelled?

Any suggestions/recommendations/solutions to the aforementioned issues, I would greatly appreciate ALL. 

Thank you,
Cheri

Post #: 1
RE: Several resource calendar issues - 9.Feb.2009 4:27:58 PM   
ratishnair

Cheri,

First question - is it AAA-Auto Accept Agent or Direct Booking? You should not have both together.
Is it for all Resource mailbox or for some specific ones?
If the issue is happening all of a sudden, whats the change u did ?
Check for the resource mailbox Outlook option and check for the default permissions assigned. Is it Author ?

I would take an LDP Dump of the mailbox for one which is working and for one which is not and check for differences.

There is an attribute - msexchRequireAuthtoSendto - should be False.

Ratish

(in reply to Cheri Loehr)
Post #: 2
RE: Several resource calendar issues - 11.Feb.2009 12:52:55 PM   
Cheri Loehr

Ratishnair,

Thank you for your immediate reply...my apologize for not getting back sooner..

I have seven resources. I believe in most of the scenarios I provided its occuring with all resources, and again randomly.  The only change I have made (a year ago) since I recall end users describing issues I moved the mailboxes to another storage group that is seperate from all end users except IT staff. 

I have double checked each resource and their default permissions is AUTHOR, and set to automatically accept via Direct Booking.  I am not familar with AAA, researched it and verified it is not installed on my Exchange server.

I am not familar with "LDP dump".  Would you explain and provide details on how to if I need to proceed.  I checked all the delivery restrictions options and they are set to accept messages from everyone, from authenticated users only is NOT checked.

Please continue to advise.  I greatly appreaciate all the help.

-Cheri

Post #: 3
RE: Several resource calendar issues - 11.Feb.2009 4:32:34 PM   
ratishnair

My first step would be to check if Public folder replication is happening and Free-Busy is getting displayed properly.
Make sure we dont have an issue with PF Replication and F/B

Here, the scope is too wide, wiz:

1. Version of Client OL
2. Do we have Blackberry in the orgn
3. Is it happening for all meeting or juct some
4. Do we have atleast one resource mailbox working properly.

To take an LDP Dump, follow the process:

1. Type ldp at a command prompt.
2. Connection - Connect.
3. Connection - Bind.
4. You should not have to enter a password if you are logged in as a Domain Admin.
5. Check on the right hand side at the bottom to make sure that authentication is successful. If you do not have the rights - you will get an error saying it is unsuccessful
6. Go to View - Tree - leave Base DN: blank and click OK.
7. Locate the user you wish to dump in the tree on the left hand side and highlight the new test user on the left hand side.
8. Go to Connection - New - it should clear the right hand pane.
9. Double click on the new test user you wish to dump - it should re-populate the right hand pane.
10. Right click on the right hand pane and choose Select All.
11. Right click on the right hand pane and choose Copy.
12. Open Notepad and choose Edit - Paste.
13. Choose File - Save As in Notepad and save the file as a .txt file with the an appropriate name.

The reason for an LDP Dump is to compare the policy included for a mailbox which works and for one which it doesnot.

PFA the links:

OL2000: (CW) Cancelled Meeting Remains on Resource Account Calendar
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/235904
Description of the Outlook 2007 post-Service Pack 1 hotfix package: January 28, 2008
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941275

In OL2K7, the same is a known issue of resource mailboxes showing up with cancelled meeting requests.

Please update me on the status.

Ratish

Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> General >> Several resource calendar issues Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter