• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

OWA Search not working, but database is indexed...

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Outlook Web Access >> OWA Search not working, but database is indexed... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
OWA Search not working, but database is indexed... - 1.Mar.2009 5:06:12 PM   
tnolan

Looking for suggestions to solve a problem with OWA Search.  One of our users started having problems with getting search results in OWA.  We have done a rebuild of the catalog for the entire database they are in and when I run Test-ExchangeSearch on their mailbox it returns true, however when searching for mail from someone that should list about 400 emails, it only returns 3.  Those 3 messages are all messages that were received after the last rebuild of their databases catalog.  Prior to the rebuild they were showing about 15, and it seems that those were also emails received after the previous rebuild.  The performance counters are showing 0 for number left to crawl and the number of databases being indexed matches the number being kept up to date which is also the total number of databases we have on the server.

Any thoughts on what the next steps would be to resolve an issue like this would be appreciated.
Post #: 1
RE: OWA Search not working, but database is indexed... - 1.Mar.2009 6:22:54 PM   
tnolan

I hate when this happens.... looks like this was a PEBKAC issue.  Three engineers as well as the user (who is pretty smart when it comes to these things) missed the answer right in a screenshot we were sent when the problem started happening.  Searching inbox only instead of searching all items. 

(in reply to tnolan)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Outlook Web Access >> OWA Search not working, but database is indexed... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter