• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Alias deleted

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> Alias deleted Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Alias deleted - 5.Mar.2009 9:46:06 AM   
Drumcode

How long since the alias was deleted from one user, can be re-used on another user? I deleted it a day ago and AD still pops up the error message that the address still exists in the system?
Post #: 1
RE: Alias deleted - 5.Mar.2009 6:38:14 PM   
sai_prasad

Normally,its removed immediately but depending on Repliaction between multi-site,dc this might take some time.If by any chance do you have multiple DC's(i know its SBS2003 but still some do this smartly) then it could be a replication issue.

And also was there a migration done on this sbs server? Is the old and the new user have any difference in terms of AD.

Take an ldp dump of the original user and check whether the alias name is still stamped for that user, if so delete it or you can also use Active Directory Service Interface Editor(adsiedit) for deleting this.

(in reply to Drumcode)
Post #: 2
RE: Alias deleted - 6.Mar.2009 12:29:23 PM   
Drumcode

You're right, it should be instant. It's weird as I came back to this user's properties again and the alias was still there after I deleted it. I had to repeat this twice, the third time it actually deleted it and I was able to use it on another user instantly.

Thanks for your input. :)

(in reply to sai_prasad)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> Alias deleted Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter