• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

delivery receipts in ex2k3 and ex2k7 Coexistence

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Installation >> delivery receipts in ex2k3 and ex2k7 Coexistence Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
delivery receipts in ex2k3 and ex2k7 Coexistence - 6.Mar.2009 11:16:50 AM   
csameer

Greetings: we are transiting from ex2k3 to ex2k7. have installed CAS, HT and a Mailbox on ex2k7 side.
I migrated my mailbox on exchange 2007 side, when I send email with delivery notifications to the users on ex2k3 side I get delivery notifications from “System Administrator” and when I send emails to users on ex2k7 side, I get delivery notifications from “Microsoft Exchange”
what should I do so that the internal DNS come from “System Administrator”
I saw this article on TechNet, but is not leading me anywhere (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb430759.aspx)
Any idea whats happening, please help…

Thanks,
Sam
Post #: 1
RE: delivery receipts in ex2k3 and ex2k7 Coexistence - 8.Mar.2009 1:57:14 AM   
Ahmad Ramadan

this is the default behavour of exchange 2007 u will be recieving deleivery notifications emails from Microsoft Exchange
this is normally and no need to worry

if u r looking on how to edit the message on the notification follow these articles

http://www.msexchange.org/articles_tutorials/exchange-server-2007/management-administration/customising-delivery-status-notification-messages.html

Thanx

Ahmad Ramadan AbaYazeed
Senior Systems Projects Engineer

(in reply to csameer)
Post #: 2
RE: delivery receipts in ex2k3 and ex2k7 Coexistence - 12.Mar.2009 3:50:16 PM   
csameer

When an E2K7 user sends mail to another E2K7 user, the delivery receipts are generated by Microsoft Exchange Recipient account and the mail comes from "Microsoft Exchange".
Uuse adsiedit to go to Configuration=>Services=>Microsoft Exchange=>Org=>Transport Settings
and open the properties of the object "MicrosoftExchange{SomeGUIDnumber}" and change the value of attribute displayName to "System Administrator".

It does work for me. Now when users (both x2k3 & ex2k7) send emails with delivery notifications all they get delivery notification is from "System Administrator".
I might change it back to "Microsoft Exchange" one the transition is completed.

(in reply to Ahmad Ramadan)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Installation >> delivery receipts in ex2k3 and ex2k7 Coexistence Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter