• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Correct Configuration

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> Correct Configuration Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Correct Configuration - 12.Mar.2009 11:32:22 AM   
Yanayaya

Hello everyone,

I would like some advice on ensuring that I have Exchange 2003 configured correctly so that, as soon as I tell our hosting provider to point the MX Record to our servers static IP address, it will work.

I have resisted allowing the MX record to be changed because I have no clue if Exchange will function correctly. Is there perhaps a guide to configuring Exchange for your company.

At the moment out incoming mail is goverend by our hosting provider (mail.superdoftware.co.uk) and out ourgoing mail is governed by our ISP(smtp.dsl.pipex.com).

I want to configure Exchange 2003 so that it will recieve all mails sent to @companyname.com and then have the MX records changed and starting using Exchange for once. So any advice, tips and or guides are greatly appreciated.

Post #: 1
RE: Correct Configuration - 12.Mar.2009 12:25:00 PM   
uemurad

I'd suggest you test TCP port 25 functionality.  From a system completely outside your network, use Telnet to your public IP address to check if your server is accepting and processing messages correctly (create an entire message according to the article).  Once you verify, then you'll know that changing the MX record to point to that public IP address will work.

Regards,

Dean T. Uemura
Microsoft MVP - Exchange (2007-2011)
exchangeguy.blogspot.com
uemurad@yahoo.com

(in reply to Yanayaya)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> Correct Configuration Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter