• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Backup Exec 12.5

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> High Availability >> Backup Exec 12.5 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Backup Exec 12.5 - 18.Mar.2009 11:20:33 PM   
tabmow

Hi,

I am using Backup Exec 12.5 to backup my mailbox and stores using GRT. Backups seem to be working fine, I can restore files from the backup and redirect them to somewhere on the backup server local disk. My problem exists when I want to restore certain Mail messages to a user's mailbox. I am basically just using the wizard with default options, which was far as I know can leave the database live and do the restore, the error I get though is as follows:

Error category : Resource Errors
Error : e000848c - Unable to attach to a resource. Make sure that all selected resources exist and are online, and then try again.

I have been on the Symantec site looking up KB after KB with no resolution, has anyone come across this before? Does the database need to be unmounted for the restore of messages to occur?

Regards,

Terry
Post #: 1
RE: Backup Exec 12.5 - 19.Mar.2009 7:00:04 AM   
djvenkat

You can create a recovery storage group and then try it.

Site link:http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Working-Recovery-Storage-Groups-Exchange-2007.html

Venkat

(in reply to tabmow)
Post #: 2
RE: Backup Exec 12.5 - 19.Mar.2009 12:38:57 PM   
tmacdaddy

If I recall correctly... I did this 7 months ago  :( There is a small client that you'll need to purchase from Symantec to be able to restore individual messages and boxes.   Without it, you cannot do the granular level restores

Tom McManus
Sr. Network Engineer

(in reply to tabmow)
Post #: 3
RE: Backup Exec 12.5 - 19.Mar.2009 5:43:25 PM   
tabmow

Strange because I am sure I have done such a recovery before when I first implemented this solution in my deployment phase. Not sure why it doesn't work now...

(in reply to tmacdaddy)
Post #: 4
RE: Backup Exec 12.5 - 19.Mar.2009 5:51:34 PM   
tmacdaddy

Exchange 2003 or 2007? I am talking 07. You more than likely have support with Symantec. They will know exactly what it is. I will do some digging in my Symantec folder and see if I can find the info.   I was SOOO mad when I found out I wouldn't be able to do that level restore.. had to buy this lil thing and then I could go to an individual email even... 

Tom McManus
Sr. Network Engineer

(in reply to tabmow)
Post #: 5
RE: Backup Exec 12.5 - 19.Mar.2009 7:05:37 PM   
tabmow

I have Exchange 2007 as well and am using Backup Exec 12.5 on a Windows Server 2008 Backup Machine. I am sure I have done this exact restore before and it all worked fine which would indicate I already have the required licenses etc.?

Let me know what you find and I may have to go to Symantec with it...

(in reply to tmacdaddy)
Post #: 6
RE: Backup Exec 12.5 - 20.Mar.2009 11:21:39 AM   
bej

You have to install the MapiCDO component on the Echange server:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=E17E7F31-079A-43A9-BFF2-0A110307611E&displaylang=en

Bengt Jonsson
MCSE:MESSAGING
MCITP Enterprise Messaging Administrator

(in reply to tabmow)
Post #: 7

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> High Availability >> Backup Exec 12.5 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter