• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

ActiveSync vs BlackJack II WinMob 6.1

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Mobility >> ActiveSync vs BlackJack II WinMob 6.1 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ActiveSync vs BlackJack II WinMob 6.1 - 20.Mar.2009 2:28:29 PM   
jbusby825

I am trying to connect my BJII to ActiveSync and sync my exchange information. I connected the phone to my pc and went to configure my server. What do I put for the server? When I am at home i would type in "https://mail.abc.com/owa" and this brings me to a page about certificate error. I click through that and proceed to login to my account. With ActiveSync I don't have that privilege and telling it to ignore the certificate. Is there another way to set this up?

Thanks,
Jesse
Post #: 1
RE: ActiveSync vs BlackJack II WinMob 6.1 - 27.Mar.2009 7:24:10 AM   
bej

No there´s no workaround  in ActiveSync if the certificate  is  wrong.

Bengt Jonsson
MCSE:MESSAGING
MCITP Enterprise Messaging Administrator

(in reply to jbusby825)
Post #: 2
RE: ActiveSync vs BlackJack II WinMob 6.1 - 30.Mar.2009 9:47:40 AM   
jbusby825

i went into IIS and d/l the cert from there and installed it onto my blackjack as well as my pc at work. i connected my usb from my blackjack to my pc and added the server source and it connected finally, but now it is saying that my certificate on the server is not valid. this is a self-created/signed certificate...we didn't see a need to go out and spend the money on a cert from somewhere like verisign or something for our internal mail server. any ideas as to what i may be doing wrong. i know people use activesync so there is got to be a way to do this.

thanks,
jesse

(in reply to jbusby825)
Post #: 3
RE: ActiveSync vs BlackJack II WinMob 6.1 - 30.Mar.2009 10:04:52 AM   
bej

You have to have a cerificate that´s trusted by your mobile devices. That means the root certificate  must be installed on the  devices. The easiest way to set this up is to buy a certificate from a public CA whos root certificate is already installed on the devices. If you want to use your own certificate you´ll have to import the root certificate in every device. Same if you use the self signed certificate. If you import it as a root certificate it might work. But that is not a good solution.

Bengt Jonsson
MCSE:MESSAGING
MCITP Enterprise Messaging Administrator

(in reply to jbusby825)
Post #: 4
RE: ActiveSync vs BlackJack II WinMob 6.1 - 30.Mar.2009 3:41:15 PM   
jbusby825

worked like a charm....thank you so much

(in reply to bej)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Mobility >> ActiveSync vs BlackJack II WinMob 6.1 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter