• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Syncing Mobile Devices

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Mobility >> Syncing Mobile Devices Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Syncing Mobile Devices - 26.Mar.2009 3:46:32 AM   
whatsys

My organization will be moving from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2007 (via ex 2003) very soon. Presently, we use Verizon's Wireless Sync to sync Outlook with any Verizon smart phone. Essentially, it works via a PC with Outlook installed, mail is sent to Nokia's Intellisync servers which then pushes it to the devices.

Does Ex 2007 have the native ability to push email and PIM info?  Is another component (like a BES) necessary? Does ActiveSync do this? I associate ActiveSync with a local 'PC to mobile device via cable' operation. Will it work with Palm devices or only Windows Mobile devices? Is it 'ready for prime time' or is it still "maturing" like so many applications from M$?

I realize these questions sound like theyre coming from one of the apes at the beginning of  "2001 A Space Odyssey", hooting and shaking a bone at the sky, but its been NT4 and Ex 5.5 for me for a long time and the organization is just now entering the 21st century.

Thank you very much.  

Now, where did I put that banana...
Post #: 1
RE: Syncing Mobile Devices - 27.Mar.2009 7:22:21 AM   
bej

ActiveSync works with any device that has support for it either through ActiveSync in the device ( lWindows Mobile, iPhone) or through various third party apps like Roadsync (Palm, Symbian) and others. You can sync either with direct push directly to the device or by connecting it to a computer with ActiveSync installed.  You have to check with the manufacturer of the device if and how it  is compatible with Exchange  2007.

Bengt Jonsson
MCSE:MESSAGING
MCITP Enterprise Messaging Administrator

(in reply to whatsys)
Post #: 2
RE: Syncing Mobile Devices - 28.Mar.2009 3:27:33 AM   
whatsys

Thanks for your response. All mobile device sync will be wireless. Other than wading through manufacturer's sites, is there a definitive site or overview resource with things like device compatibility, setup and administration etc for Exchange 2007?

(in reply to bej)
Post #: 3
RE: Syncing Mobile Devices - 31.Mar.2009 11:09:55 AM   
burnsryan

Hi guys

could someone assist me with synching my mobile device with my exchange server?  my device is a palm treo pro.  i am using exchange server 2007.  i'm looking to recieve my emails on my mobile device, so i need evertything to sync...ie email, calendar, contacts etc.

i've entered all the settings into my mobile device ie email address, password, domain, OWA URL, but i continually recieve the message 'error synchronising'.

is there something i need to do on the exchange server, ie tick a checkbox, enable outlook anywhere, set up firewall rules, certificates?

i'm new to active-sync\exchange server so please make any replies\instructions as simple to follow as possible

thanks

ryan

(in reply to whatsys)
Post #: 4
RE: Syncing Mobile Devices - 5.Apr.2009 11:42:22 AM   
fiffer

Can you give us some more details. What exact settings are you putting in on the device? What have you done server side? Is everything running on the default?

UsingThe Message Center

(in reply to burnsryan)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Mobility >> Syncing Mobile Devices Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter