• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Emails automatically moving to deleted Items folder

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Message Routing >> Emails automatically moving to deleted Items folder Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Emails automatically moving to deleted Items folder - 30.Mar.2009 10:43:45 AM   
pstech

Good morning,

While I am a new member to these forums I have been a great fan of this site and the useful information I find here. I am hoping someone may be able to point me in the right direction.

As of a few days ago, an email account started automatically moving items in the inbox to the deleted items folder almost the exact moment they are received. This seems to be isolated to that account as I have tested it on others and I have not received any other reports. All outlook/owa rules have been removed from the account, I disabled all but OWA access and the results still seem to be the same.

Any thoughts, suggestions are appreciated.
Post #: 1
RE: Emails automatically moving to deleted Items folder - 30.Mar.2009 10:47:55 AM   
John Weber

Three things come to mind.
1.  you have a managed folder setup.  I can't imgaine this being the case, but, maybe.
2.  You have a server side rule created.
3.  Most likely, the user enabled a POP device that is downloading the message, which makes them disappear almost immediately. 

The showing up in the deleted items thing is strange.  Makes me think it is a rule.

John Weber [Lync MVP] http://tsoorad.blogspot.com

(in reply to pstech)
Post #: 2
RE: Emails automatically moving to deleted Items folder - 30.Mar.2009 10:54:28 AM   
pstech

I should rephrase that,

The emails do come into the inbox but within a second they move to the deleted items folder. I tried disable pop access for  short time to hopefully rule out 3. I'll double check that and leave the POP access off for the time being.

(in reply to John Weber)
Post #: 3
RE: Emails automatically moving to deleted Items folder - 30.Mar.2009 11:57:02 AM   
pstech

http://forums.msexchange.org/Incoming_Email_going_directly_into_deleted_Items_folder/m_1800504646/tm.htm

this thread fixed my issue, for whatever reason the user's account was set to autoaccept rather then autoupdate.

(in reply to pstech)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Message Routing >> Emails automatically moving to deleted Items folder Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter