Emails automatically moving to deleted Items folder (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Message Routing

pstech -> Emails automatically moving to deleted Items folder (30.Mar.2009 10:43:45 AM)

Good morning,

While I am a new member to these forums I have been a great fan of this site and the useful information I find here. I am hoping someone may be able to point me in the right direction.

As of a few days ago, an email account started automatically moving items in the inbox to the deleted items folder almost the exact moment they are received. This seems to be isolated to that account as I have tested it on others and I have not received any other reports. All outlook/owa rules have been removed from the account, I disabled all but OWA access and the results still seem to be the same.

Any thoughts, suggestions are appreciated.

John Weber -> RE: Emails automatically moving to deleted Items folder (30.Mar.2009 10:47:55 AM)

Three things come to mind.
1.  you have a managed folder setup.  I can't imgaine this being the case, but, maybe.
2.  You have a server side rule created.
3.  Most likely, the user enabled a POP device that is downloading the message, which makes them disappear almost immediately. 

The showing up in the deleted items thing is strange.  Makes me think it is a rule.

pstech -> RE: Emails automatically moving to deleted Items folder (30.Mar.2009 10:54:28 AM)

I should rephrase that,

The emails do come into the inbox but within a second they move to the deleted items folder. I tried disable pop access for  short time to hopefully rule out 3. I'll double check that and leave the POP access off for the time being.

pstech -> RE: Emails automatically moving to deleted Items folder (30.Mar.2009 11:57:02 AM)

http://forums.msexchange.org/Incoming_Email_going_directly_into_deleted_Items_folder/m_1800504646/tm.htm

this thread fixed my issue, for whatever reason the user's account was set to autoaccept rather then autoupdate.

Page: [1]