• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Ending Site Replication

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> Ending Site Replication Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ending Site Replication - 7.Apr.2009 10:57:11 AM   
jerseyjoe9001

I have inherited 3 exchange 2000 servers (all one site and less than 50 users) that have site replication. When you look at the version numbers they all appear to be the same version of Exchange 2000. One server is fairly new and I would like to just have exchange running on it solely rather than all of this site replication (the other two servers are old) and I wish to take them out of service. There is no OWA running and all the internal Outlook installs point to one of the servers that I am retiring. What is the simplest way to move from 3 servers replicating to just one server with Exchange?
Post #: 1
RE: Ending Site Replication - 7.Apr.2009 11:12:39 AM   
mukeshb

First of all install new exchange server and bring it online, you can use exchange 2000 or exchange 2003, once you have system, online, move all mail boxes from old server to new one, after moving all mail boxes done, setup foder synch to new server from all old server, on DNS change OWA pointer to new server, set up OWA,  foder synch will take almost day.; once you have this is done, take one server offline at a time( do not unistall exchange yet), check your new servers performance and see any of your user have problem. if everything is smooth and no problem. now you can bring all server back in network and start unistalling exchange.

hope this will help you as guide line.

(in reply to jerseyjoe9001)
Post #: 2
RE: Ending Site Replication - 7.Apr.2009 12:17:13 PM   
jerseyjoe9001

Thanks, but one of the existing servers is going to be the sole server, so the sole server is already in place (replicating). How do I go about taking the old servers offline? Do I simply turn off the Exchange services on them? How can I be sure the sole server has all the mailboxes on it, before I take the others offline?

(in reply to mukeshb)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> Ending Site Replication Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter