• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Ok I think I screwed up BIG TIME!

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Information Stores >> Ok I think I screwed up BIG TIME! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ok I think I screwed up BIG TIME! - 8.Apr.2009 1:32:57 PM   
xpac

Exchange 2003 Enterprise running Netbackup 6.5.  I created a recovery storage group and recovered a month old database to it from tape (ultimate goal was to recover somebody's mailbox).  After the restore completed successfully, I was unable to get the recovery store to mount.    Long story short, finally decided I just wanted to delete the recovery storage group.  WELL, exchange decided it wasn't going to let me, trying to delete the recovery store yielded this "The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service could not find the specified object"  ID no: c1041722"  after googling and trying numerous solutions (and wasting way too much time) I decided to delete the database files manually since I needed the hard drive space.  Well now when I try to delete the recovery storage group I get this "This storage group contains one or more stores.  Only empty storage groups can be deleted."  And I still can't remove the store even though I already deleted the database files.  What can I do to manually remove this?  There has to be a way, I just can't to find any solutions.
Post #: 1
RE: Ok I think I screwed up BIG TIME! - 9.Apr.2009 7:12:59 AM   
ismail.mohammed

hi mate,

If you want to remove it manually, remove that information through ADSIEDIT.msc...
Configuration partition => Services => Microsoft Exchange => Org Name => Administrative Group => First Administrative Group => servers => your targeted server, there you will find RSG information which can be deleted.

Note : Take the system state backup of your domain controller

(in reply to xpac)
Post #: 2
RE: Ok I think I screwed up BIG TIME! - 9.Apr.2009 3:08:23 PM   
xpac

Thanks that worked!!

(in reply to ismail.mohammed)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Information Stores >> Ok I think I screwed up BIG TIME! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter