• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Can't purge one user's mailbox...

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Information Stores >> Can't purge one user's mailbox... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can't purge one user's mailbox... - 16.Apr.2009 2:01:28 PM   
horinius

Today, a user called me to tell me that his Outlook 2007 no longer syncs with Exchange since several days. (Yes, I'm still using Exchange 2000 - it's actually an SBS2000)  I've tried several things like destroying Outlook profile file (.ost file) but to no avail.  Finally, I think we could just export everything to .pst file, destroy his mailbox, recreate a new one and import everything back.  And that how I realize that his mailbox has a big problem:

In "Exchange System Manager", his mailbox has a red cross mark.  Then I right-clicked on it to "Purge" the mailbox but a few seconds later, I got this message:

quote:

An internal processing error has occurred. Try restarting the Exchange System Manager or the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service, or both.

Exchange System Manager
ID no: c1041724

I've tried with another user's mailbox (there's not many mails in it, so I could destroy it as a test).  However, I'm able to purge this second user's mailbox.  So the problem is clearly related to this first user's mailbox, but I have no idea what to do.

I've read some MS articles which told me to do a defrag or something else using ESEUTIL.  Will this work?

I'd appreciate a lot if someone could shed light on me.

< Message edited by horinius -- 16.Apr.2009 2:02:53 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Can't purge one user's mailbox... - 17.Apr.2009 5:42:18 PM   
horinius

Here are a bit more info.  The "Application" event log gives me:
quote:

Source: MSExchangeIS Mailbox
Event ID: 1203

Failed to delete the mailbox of /O=FUTURMASTER/OU=FIRST ADMINISTRATIVE GROUP/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=<USERNAME> with error 0xfffffc07.

I'm really clueless.  I've found one MS article telling me to do this command:
eseutil.exe /mh <database>.edb
and then look at the outputs (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/328671)

I've even done the command on the .stm file.  I could paste the results if needed, but I could resume the main points:
For both database file and streaming file:
State is "Clean Shutdown"
Log Required is "0-0"

So seemingly the private store database is OK, no?  Then why can't I purge that strange mailbox??  Another strange thing is that I could reconnect the mailbox to that user without problem!

Someone please help :(

< Message edited by horinius -- 17.Apr.2009 5:44:56 PM >

(in reply to horinius)
Post #: 2
RE: Can't purge one user's mailbox... - 17.Apr.2009 6:02:47 PM   
horinius

I've just done an integrity check (eseutil.exe /g) and it said that the database is corrupted :'(

quote:

Integrity check completed.
Database is CORRUPTED, the last full backup of this database was on 04/16/2009 22:02:28

Operation terminated with error -1206 (JET_errDatabaseCorrupted, Non database file or corrupted db) after 1052.63 seconds.

I just don't understand why it suddenly would get corrupted!  Could I do a "recovery" and then a "repair"?  Or my only choice is to recover the full backup dated back to few days ago? :(

If my only choice is to do a full backup recovery, what are the steps/procedure?

< Message edited by horinius -- 17.Apr.2009 6:05:19 PM >

(in reply to horinius)
Post #: 3
RE: Can't purge one user's mailbox... - 26.Jun.2011 9:45:51 PM   
dreadman2kk

Horinus (and others with same issue),

I had a similar problem, but have not looked at my DB state.
I went a different path & found the command:

Remove-StoreMailbox

The "help" for it in 2010 SP1 is incomplete, but this did remove a mailbox that wouldn't go away after it was disconnected.
My command was :
remove-storemailbox -Database DB1 -MailboxState SoftDeleted -identity "Bloggs, Joe"

You can substitute the GUID for identity.
Hope this helps someone!

(in reply to horinius)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Information Stores >> Can't purge one user's mailbox... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter