• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Remove PF store from the PF Tree

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Remove PF store from the PF Tree Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Remove PF store from the PF Tree - 23.Apr.2009 2:56:08 PM   
JSuss

I have an Exchange 2003 environment. We recently added 3 servers that we don't want a public folder store to exist on.
We initially just dismounted them and deleted the EDB files because we couldn't delete them while mounted  until replica changes completed, but we'd get an error when trying to move all replicas.

When I look at the PF in System Manager (first Admin Group\Folders\Public Folder -> Props) I see the list of stores associated with the PF Tree , and it includes the 3 stores that are currently dismounted and te store s deleted. Is it possible to remove the 3 server stores from this list?
Post #: 1
RE: Remove PF store from the PF Tree - 25.Apr.2009 8:56:44 AM   
rsmudliar123

Keep the first PF store in the enterprise. The reason why I said this is bcoz there are certain system folders associated with a pf store. If you delete them permanently then you may end up with too many other issues such as Free/busy, Offline Address book download issue. Now to fix them without a PF is not possible. I would simply say remove replicas of PF and let them be mounted. PF store wont cause any issue.

Thanks
Sunder

"Imagination is always good only as long as it remains practical"

(in reply to JSuss)
Post #: 2
RE: Remove PF store from the PF Tree - 10.May2009 8:58:35 PM   
ExchBin

Sunder is right. I would recommend you to have ATLEAST one public folder store  mounted and running for your complete organization as I forsee many issues because of it. I prefer it to be in your first exchange server

It could be just the mailbox associated with the stores aren't really allowing you to delete them.

Just try mapping all the users to ONE public folder store from the properties of Mailbox store in Exchange system manager. Then try deleting it and I hope it will work!!

(in reply to rsmudliar123)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Remove PF store from the PF Tree Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter