• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Manual removal of Public Folders

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Installation >> Manual removal of Public Folders Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Manual removal of Public Folders - 24.Apr.2009 8:36:42 AM   
jcanfer

We have a mixed exchange environment with an Ex2k3 cluster and a standalone Ex2k7 hub transport/client access server.

Yesterday we rolled out the mailbox role to the Ex2k7 box so we could begin repliation of our public folders. It all went very, very wrong and we had to back out the mailbox role the very hard way by removing references to the public folders in AD using ADSIEDIT.

I've just run the ExBPA against the environment and one thing it has flagged up is that there is no site folder server configured for the Ex2k7 admin group.

We still have a container for CN=Configuration,DC=<DomainName>,DC=com, CN=Services, CN=Microsoft Exchange, CN=<OrganizationName>, CN=Administrative Groups, CN=<AdministrativeGroupName> CN=Servers, CN=<ServerName>, CN=InformationStore

But no storage groups are listed because none exist and the mailbox role is no longer installed on the Ex2k7 server.

Can I safely delete the CN=InformationStore container or do I need to create a new reference to the public folder store in the Ex2k3 organisation?

Many thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Manual removal of Public Folders - 29.Apr.2009 1:57:51 AM   
choppol

I would suggest to uninstall e2k7 first. Reboot and allow AD to replicate. give it some time i.e. a day and check in adsiedit and see if the entries is still there.

If it is gone from AD then you can run the install again else i would suggest to give MS a call for support because it would be bad if tell you to delete the entry and something else break.

(in reply to jcanfer)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Installation >> Manual removal of Public Folders Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter