• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Calendar Items sent externally show up as email messages

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> Calendar Items sent externally show up as email messages Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Calendar Items sent externally show up as email messages - 6.May2009 10:59:34 AM   
crawford

I recently have begun migrating our firm over to Exchange 2007.  We currently have Exchange 2003 and Exchange 2007 servers.  One of the problems that I have encountered is that users that I have converted have difficulty sending calendar items externally.  Those messages show up as an email rather than a calendar item to the recipient.  If they are sent internally the calendar items if fine.  Can someone tell me how to fix this?

< Message edited by crawford -- 6.May2009 12:22:43 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Calendar Items sent externally show up as email mes... - 19.May2009 10:40:21 AM   
rsmudliar123

The meeting request is sent to which domain?
How did you you converted a mailbox? Are you talking about Moving the mailbox from Exchange server 2003 to Exchange Server 2007?

What happens to newly created mailbox?
When did you realised that there is a problem?

Moreover are you running Exchange Server 2007 SP1 with latest RU.
If something is missing then I would recommended to apply them immediately.

Thanks
Sunder

"Imagination is always good only as long as it remains practical"

(in reply to crawford)
Post #: 2
RE: Calendar Items sent externally show up as email mes... - 19.May2009 10:59:38 AM   
crawford

The meeting request is sent externally outside our domain.  In the instances where the calendar appointments turn to email messages they are pop3 accounts.

The way I converted the mailbox is run the move procedure on the mailbox while on the Exchange 2007 server.  (Same thing happens if it is a newly created mailbox on 07)

We noticed this recently because we just started moving people to the new Exchange 07 environment.

Our Exchange 2007 servers have the latest patches and roll ups.

Since it is only the pop3 accounts microsoft thinks it may be our disclaimer product that is causing the problem, so I have excluded someone from the disclaimer product and they are going to try to send a calendar appointment and see if the problem still exists.

(in reply to rsmudliar123)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> Calendar Items sent externally show up as email messages Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter