tmacdaddy -> RE: Autodiscovery in Exchange 2007 (18.May2009 1:59:29 PM)
Here is some good info to get you going. From a work station that has Outlook opened, hold down the control key and right click over the Outlook icon in the system tray and select "Test Email AutoConfig" The only check box to be checked is the farthest to the left. (Use AutoDiscover) That will tell you where things are pointing to as far as certs etc...
then there are some shell commands that you need to use to get it straight.
NOTE: the CAS_Server_name is your internal Netbios name for the exchange server
The other (mail.contoso.com) needs to be set to your external domain name.
To resolve this issue, modify the URLs for the appropriate Exchange 2007 components. To do this, follow these steps:
Important These steps assume that a host record exists in the DNS to map the FQDN that you specify to the IP address of the CAS server. Consider the following sample scenario:
- Start the Exchange Management Shell.
- Modify the Autodiscover URL in the Service Connection Point. The Service Connection Point is stored in the Active Directory directory service. To modify this URL, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
Set-ClientAccessServer -Identity CAS_Server_Name -AutodiscoverServiceInternalUri https://mail.contoso.com/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml
- Modify the InternalUrl attribute of the EWS. To do this, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
Set-WebServicesVirtualDirectory -Identity "CAS_Server_Name\EWS (Default Web Site)" -InternalUrl https://mail.contoso.com/ews/exchange.asmx
- Modify the InternalUrl attribute for Web-based Offline Address Book distribution. To do this, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
Set-OABVirtualDirectory -Identity "CAS_Server_name\oab (Default Web Site)" -InternalUrl https://mail.contoso.com/oab
- Modify the InternalUrl attribute of the UM Web service. To do this, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
Set-UMVirtualDirectory -Identity "CAS_Server_Name\unifiedmessaging (Default Web Site)" -InternalUrl https://mail.contoso.com/unifiedmessaging/service.asmx
- Open IIS Manager.
- Expand the local computer, and then expand Application Pools.
- Right-click MSExchangeAutodiscoverAppPool, and then click Recycle.
In this scenario, you must add a host record for the mail host name that is mapped to the internally accessed IP address of the CAS server to let internal clients access the server.
- The original internal URLs for the Exchange components point to the internal FQDN of the server. For example, one of these URLs points to the following:
- The FQDN that is specified on the certificate points to the externally accessed host name of the server. For example, the certificate specifies an FQDN, such as "mail.contoso.com."