• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Public Folder Calendar update & tentative issues

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Public Folder Calendar update & tentative issues Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Public Folder Calendar update & tentative issues - 12.May2009 8:50:46 AM   
Boereklonk

Hi all,

Yes calendars in public folders, I'm sure it's everyone's favorite. Problems that we're having are:

* for a user after opening a calendar appointment in a public folder calendar she gets tentative invites to that meeting put into her own calendar, is this suppose to happen and if it does can it be switced off somehow?

* a user sends out an appoinment for a meeting to different users including to a public folder calendar. The user then sends out an update for that meeting, the meeting gets updated in the users calendars but not in the Public Folder calendar where there is a duplicate now. (Time & date wasn't changed, only the location)

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Regards
Post #: 1
RE: Public Folder Calendar update & tentative issues - 13.May2009 7:29:34 PM   
ExchBin

Yep!! Calender in Public folder is my favourite too! :)

quote:

* for a user after opening a calendar appointment in a public folder calendar she gets tentative invites to that meeting put into her own calendar, is this suppose to happen and if it does can it be switced off somehow?

Yup... This is supposed to happen.

quote:

* a user sends out an appoinment for a meeting to different users including to a public folder calendar. The user then sends out an update for that meeting, the meeting gets updated in the users calendars but not in the Public Folder calendar where there is a duplicate now. (Time & date wasn't changed, only the location)

This too is supposed to happen!!

This is because of the functionality called "Sniffer" in Outlook. There haven't really been a detailed documentation about it, but I will try to make one on my blog very soon!! ;)

An update to a meeting is detected by sniffer in Outlook which goes ahead and updates the user's calender. But for a Public folder, which is NOT a mailbox, it is not possible.

Same thing happens when a user views the calender in public folder. This is as good as a user receiving a meeting appointment, but neither decides to accept it, nor delete it, or decline's it, but still remains in inbox.
The sniffer sniffs these kind of items and places them in user's calender and marks it tentative!!

Hope this answers your question!!

(in reply to Boereklonk)
Post #: 2
RE: Public Folder Calendar update & tentative issues - 15.May2009 9:20:19 AM   
Boereklonk

Thanks for your reply! I'll feed this back to the user.

Cheers

(in reply to ExchBin)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Public Folder Calendar update & tentative issues Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter