• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

OWA problem

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> OWA problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
OWA problem - 3.Jun.2009 6:20:29 AM   
abhishek1627

Hi,
I have one domain controller and there has a installed ms exchange 2003. My exchange server ip is 192.168.0.1 and my domain name is howrah.com

My OWA is working fine when I type http:\\192.168.0.1\exchange

but I want to configure this site as only http:\\mail.howrah.com and without using exchange tab.

Please help me along with procedure regarding this issue becz I am suffering this issue from last 1yr.
Post #: 1
RE: OWA problem - 3.Jun.2009 10:30:35 AM   
uemurad

In order to access OWA from the outside world, you have to be able to reach the Exchange server from the outside.  The IP address you've stated is a private address.

How does inbound mail get to the server?  Something in your environment has a public IP address and accepts SMTP connections.  If the inbound mail goes directly to your Exchange server, then that public address is what you have to associate your mail.howrah.com URL with.  Also remember you have to allow port 80 and/or 443 (HTTPS) to connect to that public IP address.

If the public IP address is not your Exchange server, then you'll have to establish a public IP address (or redirect it via a firewall NAT).

Regards,

Dean T. Uemura
Microsoft MVP - Exchange (2007-2011)
exchangeguy.blogspot.com
uemurad@yahoo.com

(in reply to abhishek1627)
Post #: 2
RE: OWA problem - 6.Jun.2009 8:08:45 AM   
ExchBin

After doing all "uemurad" said, you need to rightclick on Default Website, go to Properties, and to the tab "Home Directory" and set a "Redirection to a URL" and in the box, type in "/exchange" and check the box that says "Redirect to the folder below the specified URL"

Restart your default website and check it out now!

But Prelims, ENSURE WHAT uemurad SAID IS DONE!!!

(in reply to uemurad)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> OWA problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter