• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Exchange v6, outlook 2003 clients - how to download all messages to PST file?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> Exchange v6, outlook 2003 clients - how to download all messages to PST file? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exchange v6, outlook 2003 clients - how to download all... - 5.Jun.2009 3:24:21 AM   
realized

How can i have my outlook 2003 clients download and store all mail on the server to a PST file on their local machine.

Or export all messages for a user and have the ability to IMPORT them later to a PST file..
Post #: 1
RE: Exchange v6, outlook 2003 clients - how to download... - 5.Jun.2009 10:11:39 AM   
realized

I have learned abouyt ExMerge and have tested it successfully. I extracted one email account, renamed the file to Outlook.pst, copied it to the right folder on the client, and all the emails are there

- copying addresses is a bit trickier but easy none the less. (if i IMPORTED instead of just copying the file over, this would have been resolved..)

is there anything else i am missing.

also does this EXTRACT and REMOVE the data from exchange, or is the stuff still stored in exchange?

< Message edited by realized -- 5.Jun.2009 10:19:15 AM >

(in reply to realized)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> Exchange v6, outlook 2003 clients - how to download all messages to PST file? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter