• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Public (facing the Internet) calender

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> Public (facing the Internet) calender Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Public (facing the Internet) calender - 15.Jun.2009 8:21:02 AM   
Arch Willingham

I have a company that wants to be able to have a few people access a public calender (it will show who is goign to be using a room in a building - I.E. different people will be able to reserver the space). What's best way to create it? He is running SBS 2003 and the people accessign it will be outside his network.

Thanks!

Arch
Post #: 1
RE: Public (facing the Internet) calender - 15.Jun.2009 5:58:20 PM   
rrizzojr

If I am understanding you correctly this is how you go about creating a shared calendar in a public folder:

Create a shared calendar enabled public folder.
Open Outlook, right click on All Public Folders and then select the New Folder command from the resulting shortcut menu. When you do, Outlook will open the Create New Folder dialog box. Enter the name that you want to assign to the new folder, select the folder's location within the public folder hierarchy and select the Calendar Items option from the Folder Contains drop down list. Click OK to create the folder.

Set permissions
You now have a public folder that can be used as a scheduling resource for whatever item you have decided to name the folder after. We're not quite done yet though. We still need to set some permissions to determine who can access the calendar.

To set the permissions, right click on the newly created public folder and select the Properties command from the resulting shortcut menu. When you do, you will see the folder's properties sheet. Select the Permissions tab.
This tab allows you to set the permissions for the folder. There are a number of predefined roles, or you can assign a custom permissions scheme to a group or user. The permissions allow you to control who can create, read, edit and delete calendar items. You can also determine who is allowed to create sub folders. All of these permissions can be set by simply selecting the appropriate check box or by selecting a predefined role.

However, when you say it is being accessed from people outside the network are we speaking in terms of Web Based Access such as OWA?

(in reply to Arch Willingham)
Post #: 2
RE: Public (facing the Internet) calender - 16.Jun.2009 8:29:21 AM   
Arch Willingham

All of what you said was perfect...thanks! Your very last sentence is the kicker and you have the idea right. They want to be able to have someone log on and only see that calendar and only be able to mess with that calendar....no e-mail...no contacts...just that one calendar.

Thanks!

Arch

(in reply to rrizzojr)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> Public (facing the Internet) calender Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter