• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Server name switch to internal exch 2007 isa 2006 OANY

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Installation >> Server name switch to internal exch 2007 isa 2006 OANY Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Server name switch to internal exch 2007 isa 2006 OANY - 22.Jun.2009 6:00:54 PM   
djluigy

Hello,

we are finish to implement outlook anyware with exchange 2007 and isa 2006.
But we are having one issue maybe some mistake we make in all config, we try hard to find it, but we decide to put that here.
After configure all procedures of isa with exh 2007 outlook anyware for http over rpc ssl, all seams to working graet except one thing:

When we try to add a new exchange account in outlook 2007, we put our public server name in server (mail.test.com) after we put the user name, and check. After that login appears and we put domain\user and password and the server name mail.test.com change to the internal Ad name mail.domain.local.
And we can only connect to the exchange server if we put the mail.domain.local in host file pointing to the public ip.
For sure we miss some in all big configuration, so any help we can only say THANK YOU.

Any Ideas ?

Bast Regards,

Luis
Post #: 1
RE: Server name switch to internal exch 2007 isa 2006 OANY - 22.Jun.2009 9:21:04 PM   
Elan Shudnow

You don't want to put your public name there in server.  You want your actual server name.  There's a couple things you can do:
1. Connect to the network, put your servername in there and connect as if you're on your internal network and then configure Outlook Anywhere with your mail.domain.com settings.
2. Connect remotely utilizing autodiscover and that'll set up your Outlook profile with the actual server name in server part and configure Outlook Anywhere if it's configured on your network.

Elan Shudnow
Exchange MVP
http://www.shudnow.net

(in reply to djluigy)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Installation >> Server name switch to internal exch 2007 isa 2006 OANY Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter