• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

OST Files with Cross Forest Migration

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Migration >> OST Files with Cross Forest Migration Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
OST Files with Cross Forest Migration - 24.Jun.2009 8:10:35 AM   
e_stylzz

We are creating a new domain for our company from the ground up in a virtualized environment.  One of the first things we are going to do is setup Exchange 2007 in the new environment (could be '10 by then).  Most (90%) of our users are spread around the country and we use cached mode with OST files.

When we migrate the mailboxes from our current 2007 exchange server to the new one, can we keep the current .OST files on the users machine somehow without them having to re-download their entire mailbox with a new profile?  

I know nothing about this process and need some good places to start.  Thanks in advance!!
Post #: 1
RE: OST Files with Cross Forest Migration - 8.Sep.2012 7:17:31 AM   
nelson

To access an OST file, three things should match:

1) User's MAPI profile on client machine,
2) An ost file
3) User's Mailbox on Server

To transfer the data of an ost file in cross forest, you need to convert Outlook OST to PST file first and then you need to import that PST file in new version of MS Outlook or MS Exchange Server.

< Message edited by zbnet -- 4.Jun.2013 3:07:45 AM >
Post #: 2
RE: OST Files with Cross Forest Migration - 3.Jul.2015 7:13:18 AM   
barneyadavis

I am glad to share this link http://tinyurl.com/ox5paxh tool you can nicely convert OST emails into (PST/EML/MSG and HTML) formats. It smoothly recover accomplish data from OST file and gives you a safely conversion OST to PST. This tool also recovered and split large sized PST file into small PST file (1GB up to 5GB).

< Message edited by barneyadavis -- 19.Jan.2016 11:31:48 PM >
Post #: 3
RE: OST Files with Cross Forest Migration - 2.Sep.2015 6:35:53 AM   
rebeccafalk

If you are looking for a way to convert an OST file into PST format, you can try OST to PST Convert Software which can smartly import the OST file mailbox data to new PST file.By using this application user can successfully export OST data and transfer them into PST, EML, MSG and HTML formats. For any information visit here :- http://tinyurl.com/ox5paxh
Post #: 4
RE: OST Files with Cross Forest Migration - 3.Aug.2017 6:20:37 AM   
WilliamFigueroa

When you are looking to recover your corrupted OST file which contains inbox, sent items, drafts, calendar,appointments, task, etc which are very essential. You need a best OST to PST **** software for the same.

You just download the free trial version and convert your OST Emails.
http://www.convertosttopstutility.com

Thanks

(in reply to rebeccafalk)
Post #: 5
RE: OST Files with Cross Forest Migration - 4.Sep.2017 7:11:16 AM   
unitexmac

Here is another option available at http://www.en.ost2pst.net/ which assist to repair freeze, damage or inaccessible OST files and mailbox to readable outlook PST files format in few a second by keeping all the data intact in their original structure. It converts all or selected items to PST, EML and DBX without any data loss. It was really great tool.

(in reply to WilliamFigueroa)
Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Migration >> OST Files with Cross Forest Migration Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter