• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Deleting Public Folders

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Deleting Public Folders Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Deleting Public Folders - 8.Jul.2009 10:40:29 AM   
morite

Hi All,

What is the process, if any, for deleting public folders. Not the whole store just certain public folders.
we have convinced one of our business units to stop using them and need to remove the folders so that nobody tries to use them.
Just want to make sure we don't overlook an steps so that they remove cleanly from all servers

TIA
Post #: 1
RE: Deleting Public Folders - 8.Jul.2009 2:43:31 PM   
ashishjoshi1

Hello,

Take the backup of PF stores before deleting and take those PF into PST using Outlook.

Remove replication partners from the PF, contents of the PF will disappear itself. Delete PF.

Regards,
Ashish Joshi

(in reply to morite)
Post #: 2
RE: Deleting Public Folders - 8.Jul.2009 4:33:49 PM   
Jesper Bernle

Well one way is deleting them. Another way is hiding them. And a 3rd option is removing the permissions (thus rendering them invisible through Outlook).

If you delete them and the user for what ever reason needs them back, if you´re lucky and still within retention time, the quickest way of restoring a PF is through PFDAVAdmin.

Link: Easy Public Folder Recovery through PFDAVAdmin

(in reply to ashishjoshi1)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Deleting Public Folders Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter