• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

UUENCODE attachments relaying through Exchange 2007

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Message Routing >> UUENCODE attachments relaying through Exchange 2007 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
UUENCODE attachments relaying through Exchange 2007 - 17.Jul.2009 12:50:21 AM   
bobgroger

We have a client with a Unix app relaying mail through an Exchange server. We just completed an upgrade from SBS 2003 to SBS 2008. I have successfully created an anonymous receive connector and mail is flowing from the *nix app to the outside world. Previous to the upgrade there were no reports of problems with the uuencoded html attachments. Now several recipients are complaining of bad attachments. On investigation the attachment has the correct .html extension but is still uuencoded (begin 666 <filename> ASCII characters....)The app vendor wants to sell them a $5k *nix mail program that will send attachments in base64. The client insists that it worked before, it should work now. We have the latest server and exchange updates installed. Any Ideas? Is there a way to convert the attachments to MIME before they leave the server? I am an all-purpose tech, not an Exchange guru. I thought I was doing great just getting mail relay to work...

Bob Groger
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Message Routing >> UUENCODE attachments relaying through Exchange 2007 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter