all emails inside inbox disappear (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General

micahcc -> all emails inside inbox disappear (27.Jul.2009 9:38:08 PM)

Hi guys,

Need expert here! I chatted to a microsoft partner about my issue... no help and they hadn't heard of it before.. very strange.

Windows server 2000 Exchange server 2000 Outlook 2002   USER would like to restore his email from his old computer (PC_A). I logged in to PC_A with USER credential and found there were two email boxes. One was Exchange email box, another one was personal email box. Both pointed to the Exchange server. So very likely the personal email box was the POP3/IMAP type. I dragged and dropped the emails from personal email box to the Exchange email box so emails sit on the exchange server and at the time I did, USER was able to view all the "old" emails on his existing PC (PC_B). After confirmed with him all the emails he wanted was restored, I logged out and relogged in with Admin right account. I deleted the folder sitting inside "C:\document and settings\USER". After I deleted the folder, USER from PC_B saw all his inbox emails deleted. Checked on the OWA and no emails left in inbox, but sent box and deleted box were fine. no clue what is happening! Tried running the recovery software but none of them found any "pst" / "ost" files which was very rare.   Appreciate any thought.   Thanks!

Regards,
Micah

palone -> RE: all emails inside inbox disappear (5.Aug.2009 2:22:12 PM)

It sounds like he had the in-box set to download all new messages to the HDD on PC_A, probably happened when the profile was created on PC_A. When you do this all new email are delivered to that box, as long as it is running. The settings on PC_A have to be changed in the Outlook profile so that new email stays on the server and then those emails on the HDD have to be copied back to the server. All of the emails in the user's in-box should now be visible on PC_B.

Page: [1]