• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

lost mailbox in 2003 -> 2007 migration

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Migration >> lost mailbox in 2003 -> 2007 migration Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
lost mailbox in 2003 -> 2007 migration - 4.Aug.2009 2:26:31 PM   
Milenko

Hello all,

I just completed a fairly successfull migration from Exchange 2003 to 2007.  The mailbox move process completed on all but one mailbox.  The process failed with I believe a MAPI error (I think the user attempted to logon to their mailbox while the process was running).  After the rest of the mailboxes finished moving over to the new server, I moved the failed one and Exch 2007 said it completed successfully. 

Unfortunately the mailbox is now lost somewhere between the old and new servers.  The mailbox is not listed in the Exchange Management Console on the new server, nor can the user login to their mailbox.  It is, however listed as being on the new Exchange 2007 server when viewing with the Exchange 2003 System Manager.  However there are no options available when right-clicking the mailbox (purge, reconnect, etc are all greyed out).  System Manager shows the number of messages and the mailbox size as well, so the mailbox is hanging out somewhere.

I've tried exmerge and export-mailbox, but neither see the mailbox on the new server.  Exmerge reports that the old server does not contain any mailboxes (which should be correct), so I assume the mailbox is residing on the new server but has somehow become disconnected from the AD account.

The mailbox is also not listed under "disconnected mailboxes."  Although if I could somehow get it to show up there, then I could reconnect it to the users' account.

I do have a database backup of the Exchange 2003 database from before the migration started.

Anyone have any ideas? 
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Migration >> lost mailbox in 2003 -> 2007 migration Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter