• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

system caused the message to bounce between two servers

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> system caused the message to bounce between two servers Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
system caused the message to bounce between two servers - 5.Aug.2009 1:41:59 PM   
max2479

I have the same problem. the issue is NOT with inbound but with outbound connection.
A configuration error in the e-mail system caused the message to bounce between two servers or to be forwarded between two recipients.  Contact your administrator.
          <server.domain.com #5.3.5>
I have checked the SMTP connector and it is using front end exhcnage server IP address. bridgeheads were added as well.
in SMTP properties of the front end server correct IP address selected.
Exchange 2003 SP2 backend
Exchange 2003 SP2 front end.
Message trace shows it delivering to the front end server and that is where NDR is being generated.
any ideas?
Post #: 1
RE: system caused the message to bounce between two ser... - 5.Aug.2009 4:31:07 PM   
uemurad

Is the forwarding address an alias for an object in your AD forest?

Where is the forwarding configured?  In the mailbox rules, or in the AD object properties?

Is this a new issue?  If so, what has changed recently in your Exchange Organization configuration?

Regards,

Dean T. Uemura
Microsoft MVP - Exchange (2007-2011)
exchangeguy.blogspot.com
uemurad@yahoo.com

(in reply to max2479)
Post #: 2
RE: system caused the message to bounce between two ser... - 5.Aug.2009 5:02:21 PM   
max2479

No, the address is single and is being assigned only to front end server. Internal DNS has one entry for this address.

created SMTP connector and specified the IP address of the front end server for "forward all mail through this connector to the following smart host"

I had PGP universal gateway that does encryption and was inbound/outbound gateway. removed it from the network. changed MX record with my external DNS. These are the only changes. SMTP

(in reply to uemurad)
Post #: 3
RE: system caused the message to bounce between two ser... - 5.Aug.2009 5:19:20 PM   
uemurad

Check the SMTP log on the Front End server to see if it even attempted to contact the recipient system.

I may have misinterpreted your original post.  Does this happen to all outbound messages, or only to selected ones?

Regards,

Dean T. Uemura
Microsoft MVP - Exchange (2007-2011)
exchangeguy.blogspot.com
uemurad@yahoo.com

(in reply to max2479)
Post #: 4
RE: system caused the message to bounce between two ser... - 5.Aug.2009 5:43:34 PM   
max2479

i used Use DNS to route to each address space on this connector option in my smtp connector and it works now.

(in reply to uemurad)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> system caused the message to bounce between two servers Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter