• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Help with Application Log Entries

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> Help with Application Log Entries Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Help with Application Log Entries - 13.Aug.2009 10:42:36 AM   
hsf2009

Hi Everyone,

I recently upgraded our Excahnge Server from Standard 2003 to Enterprise 2003.
Im kinda confused becuase when I restart the Infromation Store service I get the following in the Application Log

Event ID 1217 - The Exchange store 'First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (MAIL)' has unlimited storage capacity. The current physical size of this database (the .edb file and the .stm file) is 30 GB. The only size constraint for this database is the maximum size that is supported by the database storage engine (8000 GB).

But also everday, I'm getting this too.....

Event ID 1221 -
The database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (MAIL)" has 683 megabytes of free space after online defragmentation has terminated.

How come I'm getting conflicting entries? Enterprise should be unlimited??

Please help thanks,
Post #: 1
RE: Help with Application Log Entries - 15.Aug.2009 12:25:41 AM   
sai_prasad

Seems like you have the registry for the database size restiction enabled.

Go to,
HKLM\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\SERVICES\MSEXCHANGEIS\ServerName\PrivateSTORE{guid} and check whether Database Size Limit in Gb registry key is set or not, if you find one delete the key.

After doing this force online maintenance or restart SA service, you shouldnt see Event1221 or 700

(in reply to hsf2009)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> Help with Application Log Entries Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter