• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Mobile - Exchange Password Sync

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Mobility >> Mobile - Exchange Password Sync Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mobile - Exchange Password Sync - 15.Aug.2009 9:37:13 AM   
kaegis

We are starting to rollout Winmobile devices and had one questions. Our current policy is for users to change passwords every 90 days. Everytime they change their password they have to manually change the passwords on their win mobile devices. I was wondering if there is a third software or if there are built in features within exchange that will allow  us to auto sync the password when the user makes these changes, whether it being a forced password change or if they forget their password and need to be reset. Please advise. 
Post #: 1
RE: Mobile - Exchange Password Sync - 17.Aug.2009 6:44:39 AM   
rishishah

When Windows Mobile (WM) makes an activesync connection, this is over HTTP/HTTPS using Basic Authentication. Hence the correct username and password needs to be stored within the WM device for the Basic Authentication to be passed to the CAS Server when the ActiveSync connection is made.

So what should happen is when you change your password on your desktop, the WM device should fail authentication and prompt you to re-typre your credrntials in. You type this in and they will be stored and used till the next time you change the password again.

So far i have not come across any product that will sync your domain password with a WM device for use with ActiveSync.

However changing the password once or twice every 90 days should not cause that much of a problem to your users.

Rishi Shah, MCP

Remember to backup before applying the advice. www.saiconsult.co.uk. Happy to provide Professional Exchange Server Consultancy to anywhere in the world.

(in reply to kaegis)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Mobility >> Mobile - Exchange Password Sync Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter