• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Cannot receive external email

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> Cannot receive external email Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Cannot receive external email - 21.Aug.2009 11:58:44 AM   
Jollyoscar

SBS 2003 Standard configuration: ATT ISP w/Netopia 3347-02 (PPoe with Subnet Routing) ---> Firewall (Router Mode) ---> Network Switch --->ESVA (Email Security Virtual Appliance w/Postfix @192.168.xx.200)--->MS Exchange 2003 (SBS 2003 Standard @ 192.168.xx.1). The firewall Port 25 is forwarded to ESVA 192.168.xx.200. Firewall scans and sends email to ESVA who scans again and delivers to Exchange. Works flawless. All company outbound email is sent by Exchange. Works flawless.

The ESVA (192.168.xx.200) box required maintenance, shut it down and routed firewall Port 25 to Exchange. All inbound email was being dropped by Exchange.

I can telnet both the ESVA and Exchange boxes from inside the LAN from a workstation and from the firewall box. From the Internet I can telnet to ESVA, but if I switch the firewall to point to Exchange (192.168.xx.1) I cannot telnet to it. No 220 response just a blinking cursor. I pulled out the firewall and put in a Netgear WGR614 router and got the same results.

This configuration worked with One Communications, one static IP and a bridged modem. Netopia and sticky IPs, PPoe using routed subnet appear bothersome. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Post #: 1
RE: Cannot receive external email - 26.Aug.2009 7:35:57 PM   
asrimar

see my post above this, i had the same problem and resolved it. hope it helps you.

regards,

asrimar

(in reply to Jollyoscar)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> Cannot receive external email Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter