• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

using ActiveSync with window mobile 6

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Mobility >> using ActiveSync with window mobile 6 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
using ActiveSync with window mobile 6 - 14.Sep.2009 4:10:03 AM   
zeeyExch

I have configured a exchange server just recently works fine. However i cannot get AS to work with my windows mobile 6.1 (HTC touch Pro). I have left all of the client access > exchange activesysnc configurations as exchange defaults. I have tried syncing with USB and wireless with no success. the error i got on MS activeSync is 80072f78, i am running version 4.5.
just in case this is part of the problem and since Iíve seen it as a note, i do not have any Ent CALs. i would upgrade purchase such CALa if everything works and once i can test the systems.

many thanks

Post #: 1
RE: using ActiveSync with window mobile 6 - 14.Sep.2009 8:00:40 AM   
mark@mvps.org

Could be related to this: http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsmobile/thread/2196d595-f31c-47a7-8d7f-186c82ace21a

At the moment this is not an Exchange issue. Can you see if you can sync over the air? If you have a similar or different problrm over the air then we can troubleshoot this but right this second it's a desktop problem.

Mark Arnold (Exchange MVP)
List Moderator

(in reply to zeeyExch)
Post #: 2
RE: using ActiveSync with window mobile 6 - 14.Sep.2009 10:10:25 AM   
zeeyExch

mark,
you are partly right, this issue is on my PC, i tried the reg download but it does not seem to work. however syncing over air also gives me an error. as i mentioned in my previous post i also tired this earlier but assumed that it is the same issue as on pc and didnít check the error message (yes very stupid of me). now i see that over air, i have an certificate error. it seems that the certificate is not valid or up-to-date. to be honest i have no experience with certificates, but i do know that i am using the default cert. of Exchange. i disabled this feature for AS in IIS and now sync over air works perfectly. however i would like to keep SSL enabled for security reasons, an tips? should i install any certificates before this works?

(in reply to mark@mvps.org)
Post #: 3
RE: using ActiveSync with window mobile 6 - 14.Sep.2009 10:28:16 AM   
mark@mvps.org

Ah. The default cert from Exchange 2007. "There's ya problem, right there!"
Forget your device. Forget your client software.
Go to godaddy.com and buy the UCC cert: http://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/ssl/ssl.asp?ci=9039
Do some research and see: http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2007/02/19/435472.aspx on how to request the cert from the server and how to get it processed.
It sould a little complex but it's easier in practice than it goes down on paper.

Mark Arnold (Exchange MVP)
List Moderator

(in reply to zeeyExch)
Post #: 4
RE: using ActiveSync with window mobile 6 - 15.Sep.2009 5:20:52 AM   
zeeyExch

Ah great mark, yeah itís not as big a problem as i thought. will look into those sites. once again many thanks.

(in reply to mark@mvps.org)
Post #: 5
RE: using ActiveSync with window mobile 6 - 30.Sep.2009 6:11:35 AM   
Lord Melch

The Cert Utility here is pretty useful :

https://www.digicert.com/easy-csr/exchange2007.htm

Cheers,
LM

Cheers
LM

(in reply to zeeyExch)
Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Mobility >> using ActiveSync with window mobile 6 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter