• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Attachment size and bounce

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Message Routing >> Attachment size and bounce Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Attachment size and bounce - 18.Sep.2009 7:43:36 AM   
wjnwork

When a message exceeds the size limit inbound to an exchange server, the sender receives a message stating either the mailbox is full or size limitation.  At this point the recipient does not know a message was being delivered and bounced back to the sender.  Is there a way for the recipient to receive a message stating that there was a message bounced due to a limitation in size?

Thanks,

William
Post #: 1
RE: Attachment size and bounce - 29.Sep.2009 9:37:57 AM   
syedfaizan

No, i dont think there is any way of confuguring this.

Its just common sense - If an auto generated mail can come to the user's then a normal mail can also come but its just due to the limits policy which come in play

This new feature is in exchange 2010 known as Mailtips where sender comes to know in advance that the mailbox is either full or the user is out of office as soon as the sender resolves recipients name in outlook

(in reply to wjnwork)
Post #: 2
RE: Attachment size and bounce - 29.Sep.2009 9:48:37 AM   
wjnwork

That kinda works already, what I am looking for is a message to the recipient stating that a message was blocked because of "x", where "x" is a size limit on a attachment.  From 30,000 feet, a person who is on the receiving end wants to know when a mail message gets blocked becuase of the size limitation. 

William

(in reply to syedfaizan)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Message Routing >> Attachment size and bounce Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter