• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

winmail.dat files

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Management >> winmail.dat files Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
winmail.dat files - 28.Sep.2009 10:45:05 AM   
sbarnett

I have set up a Auto Reply for our HR Dept. to send out a reply when any one sends a resume to that address. I have the rule set up for have server reply using a specific message. It works fine except for any one using Outook. But any one using other email clients there is a problem.I ve tested this with G-mail and Yahoo and we get a winmail.dat attachment as the reply. I ve found some fixes which have not worked. I ve set the format to be plain text on the client, and I still get the same results. We are running Exchange 2007 SP1. Is there anything on the server side that needs to be set to fix this problem. It is a pretty big issue for us, if the person who sends the e-mail can not read the relpy.

Thanks
Scott Barnett
Post #: 1
RE: winmail.dat files - 30.Sep.2009 1:58:00 AM   
choppol

It's an Exchange issue.

go to Org Config -> Hub Transport -> remote domain. Properties of the Default and go to the Format of original message sent as attachment to journal report tab.

Select "Never use" for the Exchange rich-text format.

This will fix the problem.

(in reply to sbarnett)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Management >> winmail.dat files Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter