WM5.1 device suddenly can't connect to Exchange (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Mobility

adam_b -> WM5.1 device suddenly can't connect to Exchange (29.Sep.2009 2:59:21 PM)

I recently migrated an Exchange Server 2007 install from a VM to a physical server.  After installing the GoDaddy UCC root and intermediate certs, everything was working great for about a week.  Suddenly, one user's Palm Treo with Windows Mobile 5.1 won't connect anymore.  The error message is ". . . invalid cert.  0x80072F0D".  He is the only user with a WM5.1 device and the only one who can't connect anymore.  No changes have been made to the server or the Treo.   I've installed the root cert onto the mobile device, but no luck.  I have no idea what to try next.  Any ideas?

Thanks!

adam_b -> RE: WM5.1 device suddenly can't connect to Exchange (9.Oct.2009 10:03:34 PM)

Finally figured out the answer:

Since it is a Go Daddy cert, it has to have the intermediary cert also installed. I did that already, but didn't realize that I had to leave the certs in the "trusted root" and "third party root" folders disabled. As soon as I re-disabled those two, all was right in the world again.

Page: [1]