• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Issues sending email from one exchange domain to another exchange domain.

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Message Routing >> Issues sending email from one exchange domain to another exchange domain. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Issues sending email from one exchange domain to anothe... - 30.Sep.2009 7:49:51 PM   
CMueller

Hello Guys,

Looking for some answers as I'm pretty stumped. Hopefully you guys can help me out and shine some light. I have 2 exchange servers running on 2 seperate domains. I have a trust setup between both of them.

Domain one - MAX
Domain two - CYR

Anytime I try to send an email from CYR to MAX everything works fine. But when I try to send an email from MAX back to CYR it never makes it... Emails incomming and outgoing to any other addresses are fine, but it seems this is only an issue with emails comming from MAX and going to CYR.

What I am trying to do is take an email address from a user on MAX and any emails sent to that MAX address will forward to a CYR address of my choice. Problem is the email makes it to the MAX account but never forwards a copy to CYR account.

Why would I be able to send emails from CYR to MAX but not from MAX to CYR?

Any help would be appreciated.

< Message edited by CMueller -- 30.Sep.2009 7:57:32 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Issues sending email from one exchange domain to an... - 1.Oct.2009 4:47:22 PM   
jveldh

Hi,

It canbe a permission issue. Can you telnet from CYR to the MAX domain on port 25.

Best regards,

Johan Veldhuis

Visit my Exchange blog

(in reply to CMueller)
Post #: 2
RE: Issues sending email from one exchange domain to an... - 1.Oct.2009 7:32:47 PM   
CMueller

Got this resolved by adding an A record and pointing it to the local IP of CYR for mail.

Thanks.

(in reply to jveldh)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Message Routing >> Issues sending email from one exchange domain to another exchange domain. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter