• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Sync Exchange with remote site Exchange

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> Sync Exchange with remote site Exchange Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Sync Exchange with remote site Exchange - 4.Oct.2009 7:15:23 PM   
rgs

We have an SBS2003 server acting as DC and Exchange server in our main office.
We also have a small remote office, currently on a workgroup, where we are about to install an SBS2003 server as a DC.
We have a VPN from the remote office to the main office, but the ADSL connection is very slow and checking email can take several minutes.
Users there usually work outside the office, and when they come to the office to check their email they don't want to have to sit and wait.
I am considering installing Exchange at the remote site so that it can sync with the main site and users will have a fast response.
However they also need to have all of their mail folders (sent mail, address book etc) synced at both sites, as they can be working and using email at either site.
Can I set up Exchange at the remote site so that it will sync all folders when changes are made at either end?
Post #: 1
RE: Sync Exchange with remote site Exchange - 4.Oct.2009 10:32:15 PM   
uemurad

quote:

Can I set up Exchange at the remote site so that it will sync all folders when changes are made at either end?
Exchange doesn't work that way.  You should consider using Exchange 2007, but you'll need a separate license for each server.

Regards,

Dean T. Uemura
Microsoft MVP - Exchange (2007-2011)
exchangeguy.blogspot.com
uemurad@yahoo.com

(in reply to rgs)
Post #: 2
RE: Sync Exchange with remote site Exchange - 5.Oct.2009 3:52:10 PM   
rgs

OK, thanks Dean.

(in reply to uemurad)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> Sync Exchange with remote site Exchange Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter