• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Queued for Deferred Delivery

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> Queued for Deferred Delivery Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Queued for Deferred Delivery - 30.Oct.2009 11:51:28 AM   
mtownbound

We are in the process of migrating from SBS 2003 to Standard 2008 with Exchange on a seperate server. I've been running the two Exhange servers in parallel for the last month with no issues. Last week I added a new DNS server now I have issues. At first my messages were sitting in the Default SMTP Virtual Server in Retry mode. I changed the Exchange server's DNS back to the original DNS, and now the messages are stuck in the Messages Queued for Deferred Delivery. Checked MXtoolbox and got the Reverse DNS error.

Any ideas??

Thanks!!!!
Post #: 1
RE: Queued for Deferred Delivery - 5.Nov.2009 2:51:14 PM   
MxToolBox

Mtownbound,

A bit more information is desirable in order to really figure out what is going on here. Why exactly did you add another DNS server?

There is the internal side of the problem and the external problem and they should be addresses separately.

Internally, how are the exchange servers linked and how are they running in parallel? Also are they using this new DNS and if so did you add MX records there which might be confusing things?

Externally, is the new DNS server public or private? Is external mail coming in correctly still?

Thanks,
MxToolBox

MxToolBox
Online Diagnostic Tools
Free Server Monitoring
feedback@mxtoolbox.com
http://mxtoolbox.com

(in reply to mtownbound)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> Queued for Deferred Delivery Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter