Message not delivered to inbox (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Message Routing

webjunkie -> Message not delivered to inbox (19.Nov.2009 10:56:06 AM)

I need some direction on how to troubleshoot a particular issue I'm having. It only applies to a handful of emails over the course of several weeks. We are running Exchange 2007 with Outlook 2003 clients and a Blackberry exchange server. I have a user that received an email to their blackberry but the email did not arrive to the Outlook 2003 client. I checked the message tracking on this particular email and it did make it through our Exchange server. Has anyone experienced a similar issue where the email does not get delivered to the inbox but does go out to their blackberry? Are there certain characteristics outlook requires for an email to show up?

jveldh -> RE: Message not delivered to inbox (19.Nov.2009 11:14:09 AM)

Hi,

Are their any anti-spam agents enabled on Exchange ?

webjunkie -> RE: Message not delivered to inbox (19.Nov.2009 1:46:55 PM)

The anti spam filters are installed. I do have the content filtering feature disabled.

jveldh -> RE: Message not delivered to inbox (19.Nov.2009 4:08:22 PM)

Hi,

Which agents are enabled ?

webjunkie -> RE: Message not delivered to inbox (19.Nov.2009 5:37:30 PM)

All agents are enabled with the exception of the content filtering agent.

jveldh -> RE: Message not delivered to inbox (20.Nov.2009 2:56:06 PM)

Hi,

And what are the actions defined on it ? And did you try to enable logging to see if one of the agents is causing the issue ?

webjunkie -> RE: Message not delivered to inbox (23.Nov.2009 2:22:16 PM)

Content filter- disabled
IP Allow List- enabled
IP Allow List Providers- none listed
IP Block List- enabled
IP Block list providers- Spamhaus;Spamcop;Sorbs
Recipient Filtering- enabled with the option enabled to "Block messages sent to recipients not listed in the Global Address List"
Sender Filtering- enabled with none listed in the Block Senders  tab and "Reject" option chosen on "Action" tab
Sender ID- enabled with "Stamp message with Sender ID result and continue processing" option chosen on Action tab
Sender Reputation- enabled, option to "Perform an open proxy test when determining sender confidence level" is checked, slider is at 6 and period of hours is 24

I did not enable logging as it has only happened in one instance so far.

jveldh -> RE: Message not delivered to inbox (24.Nov.2009 5:26:05 PM)

Hi,

OK does it happen with one instance ? Or multiple ?

webjunkie -> RE: Message not delivered to inbox (2.Dec.2009 11:03:41 AM)

Sorry for the delay in replying. It is intermittent. It might happen to a message every couple of days. The messages are from different senders. Not sure if this helps.

Page: [1]