• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

RE: moving users and running out of room

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Information Stores >> RE: moving users and running out of room Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: moving users and running out of room - 2.Dec.2009 12:10:55 PM   
goody3335

There was no indication which file is corrupt...although I'm guessing it's one of the earlier ones when it stopped working.

So, I moved those to another location and tried to run an incremental. Unfortunately Backup Exec said that since some of the log files are missing I'm not allowed to run an incremental or differential. So, I'm stuck running a full. Hopefully this doesn't bomb out on me!

(in reply to uemurad)
Post #: 21
RE: moving users and running out of room - 2.Dec.2009 1:31:47 PM   
uemurad

That makes sense.  Good luck - let me know what happens.

Regards,

Dean T. Uemura
Microsoft MVP - Exchange (2007-2011)
exchangeguy.blogspot.com
uemurad@yahoo.com

(in reply to goody3335)
Post #: 22
RE: moving users and running out of room - 2.Dec.2009 5:55:00 PM   
goody3335

I moved about 10 days of logs over to a different place on the network for one of the stores that isn't backing up properly.  I then ran a full backup just on that storage group.  It goes for a little less than a 200GB count and then bombs out.  The backup exec logs point to errors that don't apply to my backup job.  So I checked the application logs on the Exchange server and I get Event ID 215...source ESE.  It basically says the job was halted because it lost communication with the backup server.  It doesn't seem lose communication, though.  The backup agent is running fine and I can ping to each server from the other one.

Any other ideas?  I may have to bite the bullet and call Microsoft, but if you have any other info, I'd be interested to hear it.  Thanks!

(in reply to uemurad)
Post #: 23
RE: moving users and running out of room - 2.Dec.2009 7:57:42 PM   
uemurad

Sorry - I'm out of ideas. I think your best bet at thsi point is to call Microsoft. They may have you perform ESEUTIL and/or ISINTEG commands. They will have some solution for your backup errors. If you go that route, let us know how it turns out.

Regards,

Dean T. Uemura
exchangeguy.blogspot.com
uemurad@yahoo.com

(in reply to goody3335)
Post #: 24
RE: moving users and running out of room - 7.Dec.2009 11:31:19 AM   
goody3335

Updates:

Microsoft had me run isinteg on the affected stores. I ran it until there were 0 fixes left. It found quite a few things. Unfortunately it still hasn't fixed my main issue (purging the log files during backup). I'm waiting to hear back from them again.

(in reply to uemurad)
Post #: 25
RE: moving users and running out of room - 8.Dec.2009 9:47:23 AM   
goody3335

We've decided to move the transaction logs again. I had to find another server with enough storage to hold them and I moved over about 100GB worth of logs. I'm continuing to move the mailboxes all week...unfortunately there is a 9GB and a 6GB mailbox in the mix so it's going to take forever!

Then we're going to delete the mail store that is reporting back as corrupt. I'll report back if that fix doesn't work! Thanks for all your help!

(in reply to goody3335)
Post #: 26
RE: moving users and running out of room - 8.Dec.2009 9:54:35 AM   
uemurad

Good luck - keep us posted.  My experience has been that moving mailboxes with a lot of items takes longer than those with fewer items but lots of large attachments because Exchange moves the messages individually.  Remember to keep an eye out for the storage used by Transactional Logs!

Regards,

Dean T. Uemura
exchangeguy.blogspot.com
uemurad@yahoo.com

(in reply to goody3335)
Post #: 27
RE: moving users and running out of room - 5.Jan.2011 4:27:45 AM   
joeraman

its informative post it provides a lots of information related to topic also add more information related to topic.

(in reply to goody3335)
Post #: 28

Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Information Stores >> RE: moving users and running out of room Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter